Ocean City rental property owners often ask: What’s the difference between Vantage’s services and those of Online Travel Agencies (OTAs) like Airbnb and Vrbo?
It’s a fair question, one with many answers. Before we get into them, it’s important to note this article is not intended to disparage OTAs. On the contrary, we are big customers of theirs and use their sites to get the broadest possible coverage for our property owners.
Plus, we do share some things in common. For instance, Airbnb, Vrbo and sites like them are all in the short-term rental business. Vantage is, too. Those companies serve clients and guests in the Ocean City, Maryland, area. So do we. And we all rely on the Internet to promote properties and support guest relations.
But the distinctions between us are many, and property owners should be aware of them.
The personal, local touch
It’s extremely rare for OTAs like Airbnb, Vrbo, HomeAway and TripAdvisor to set foot on or even see an Ocean City property like yours. They don’t interact personally with you. And they don’t do anything to the property itself.
Vantage does all of the above, and then some.
For more than 10 years, we’ve partnered with Ocean City property owners to maximize their revenues and minimize their level of effort at every phase of the rental process. We take the work, and the worry, out of renting out your property with a full menu of personalized services, including:
- Accurate, compelling listings. Our experts will write the optimum listing for your property, capturing its details and casting them in their best light. We’ll even handle all the professional photography. You can’t get that with Vrbo or Airbnb. We’ll also help you determine competitive rates in the fast-changing Ocean City, MD, rental market and proactively promote your property to a targeted list of prospective guests via email, social media, blog posts and other channels.
- Bookings and reservations. Vantage has its own website and dedicated reservation specialists to handle all bookings from your guests. And you can keep tabs on progress through our secure Owner Portal.
- Guest relations and communications. From the very first interaction through checkout, we keep your guests informed to make their vacation experience as pleasant as possible. Because we’re local, we can offer recommendations they won’t find anywhere else for activities, dining, nightlife and more.
- Cleaning and maintenance. When you partner with Vantage, you can rest assured your property will remain clean and well kept. We conduct regular inspections and share the reports with you. And you can use our professional vendors or your own for cleaning and repairs. Should any issues arise with your property in the middle of the night, on holidays or really any time, Vantage will take care of it.
- High-tech security and energy efficiency. We’re proud to offer smart energy management and high-tech access for your guests, thanks to our partnership with PointCentral Home Technology.
- Accounting. Our own professional accounting staff does all the hard work and heavy lifting for you. We process income and expenses. We remit state and local taxes for you. We keep records of everything from revenues and repairs to 1099 forms. And we deliver clear and concise statements to you on a regular basis.
In short, Vantage offers you a complete turnkey solution ready to do whatever it takes to get the greatest returns for your Ocean City, MD, property investment.
A focused approach
Here’s another big difference between Vantage and the OTAs: They’re intentionally serving a much, much broader audience. They’re offering products and services that have little or nothing to do with you and your Ocean City property, such as:
- Home sharing
- Mobile homes
- Extended stays
If their approach is like a floodlamp, ours is more like a laser. We have a team devoted solely to boosting bookings in Ocean City, Maryland. We have offices here. We even work with local vendors to negotiate discounts for your guests. It’s just one of the many things we do to help you increase your bookings and repeat bookings.
A single point of contact
When you team with Vantage, you get your own personal point of contact.When you team with Vantage, you get your own personal point of contact who orchestrates all of our resources on your behalf. And that’s a big team: It includes account representatives, marketing specialists, client-services professionals, reservationists, guest services specialists and property-care pros. One call or email to your contact takes care of everything.
Learn more about the Vantage advantage. We’ve covered just a few of the services and benefits that set Vantage apart. For the full story on how Vantage Vacation Rentals helps you maximize revenues with minimum effort, give us a call at 800-555-4099, option 5. Or visit the vacation rental management services section of www.VantageOceanCity.com.
Founded in 2007, Vantage Vacation Rentals specializes in delivering exceptional experiences for both vacation property owners and their rental guests in popular Maryland destinations such as Ocean City, Annapolis and the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay, as well as the Delaware beaches and North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Vantage serves owners with extensive property marketing and promotion as well as comprehensive property management services to help maximize rental income opportunities. With over 550 managed properties, Vantage makes it easy for vacationing guests to find and reserve the perfect option—then enhances their stay with exclusive benefits and discounts. To learn more about Vantage Vacation Rentals, visit VantageOceanCity.com, EasternShoreVacations.com and VantageMB.com.