Temperatures drop, but there’s still plenty of fun to be had when you visit Ocean City, MD, in October. In fact, it might just turn into your favorite time to unwind in our coastal paradise! October offers an opportunity to take advantage of the peaceful beaches, fewer crowds, free parking, and so much more. We could go on and on listing the benefits! Learn everything you need to know about Ocean City in October and look to Vantage Ocean City Rentals to find the ideal property for your upcoming trip.
Know Before You Go: Ocean City, MD, in October
On average, temperatures in Ocean City hover between 65 to 75 degrees during the day and 40 to 50 degrees in the evenings. So, you can still enjoy several warm days in the sun as you stroll along the beach and Ocean City Boardwalk! Just remember to dress in layers or bring a light sweater if you plan on staying outside to enjoy the sunset views or outdoor dining spots.
It might be the off-season and a few seasonal attractions like the Jolly Roger Amusement Parks® close, but don’t worry. There are still so many fun activities to enjoy and businesses to check out in October. Here are some ideas that you can experience without all the crowds of peak season:
- Boardwalk strolls
- Miniature golf
- Ocean City Center for the Arts
- Ocean City Life-Saving Station Museum
It doesn’t matter what time of year it is in Ocean City, MD. There are always reasons to celebrate, and you’re welcome to join all of the excitement with us! Whether you’re into car shows or beer fests, there’s an event for you in October. Of course, there are several Halloween festivities, too! This is just a tiny taste of what to expect:
- Free State Corvette Weekend | October 4 to 5
- Endless Summer Cruisin’ | October 10 to 13
- Ocean City Restaurant Week | October 13 to 27
- Shore Craft Beer Fest | October 26
Additional Tips and Info
- Pets are welcome on the Ocean City Boardwalk and beach beginning on October 1 as long as you keep them on a leash.
- You’re also free to enjoy a bike ride along the boardwalk at any time starting on October 1.
- There are no lifeguards on duty in October, so be careful when swimming.
- Please visit the websites or call ahead before visiting a specific attraction since some of them close in October.
Make the Most of Your Visit
Are you ready to experience Ocean City, MD, in October this year? Take the first step with us at Vantage Ocean City Rentals! We have over 500 excellent properties, and you can enjoy exclusive deals and special two-night rentals that aren’t available in the summertime. Plus, with such a wide variety of rentals in locations throughout the area, you’re sure to find the perfect option for you. Whether you’re planning a romantic anniversary or a large family reunion, finding your happy place is simple!
Browse our vacation rentals and reserve your favorite today!