There’s nothing like cruising the waters of Ocean City as the sun glistens off the waves and warms your skin. Whether you’re traveling on a jet ski, paddleboard, or sailboat, the destination is the same — pure enjoyment! Check out some of the most popular watersports in Ocean City, MD, and experience them for yourself this year. By the time you get back to shore, you’ll have memories to last a lifetime! Just don’t forget to browse our vacation rentals before you go. We have a variety of properties along the beach and bay that are perfect for your adventures on the water!
Enjoy Fun in the Sun With These Watersports in Ocean City, MD
Paddle your way to serenity! Paddleboarding is quickly becoming one of the hottest watersports in Ocean City, and you’ll soon find out why. It’s a lovely opportunity to slow things down and explore the beauty of the bay at your own pace. Don’t worry if you’re new to paddleboarding — our local guides will have you paddling like a pro in no time!
- 48th Street Watersports: Free basic lessons are included with your rental. Try their Sunset Paddle classes or Night Time Glow Boards Tours!
- Odyssea Watersports: Their private beach with shallow water makes it easy to get a feel for the sport before venturing out further into the bay.
- Walk on Water Paddleboard Company: Walk on Water has flexible rental options as well as lessons, tours, and even Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga!
Do you prefer a little excitement in your vacation? Get your adrenaline pumping with a thrilling jet ski adventure! Whether it’s your first time or your hundredth time riding a jet ski, you’re in for an incredible time. You can zoom along the water on your own or with up to three passengers, making it a fun family activity as well!
Jet Ski Rentals
- Odyssea Watersports: Launch directly from their large, private beach and take a Kawasaki STX 15F for a spin. Or, rent one of their new Seadoo Trixx jet skis to try some fun tricks in the water!
- Paradise Watersports: Hop on a Seadoo GTI jet ski and explore a section of the bay with plenty of room to roam around.
Grab a seat and get ready for some classic fun on the water! Kayaking is a great way to see nature, enjoy the sun, and get an upper-body workout. Of course, you’ll have a whole lot of fun in the process! Here are some local companies that can get you started:
- 48th Street Watersports: Rent single or double sit-on-top kayaks with free delivery to your favorite spot.
- Odyssea Watersports: Explore the waters around small islands near Odyssea’s private beach area. Lessons are included with your rental of a single or double kayak.
Feel the sun on your skin and the wind in your hair as you cruise the coast in style! It takes some time to master the art of sailing, but it’s an incredible feeling once you get the hang of it. The guides at 48th Street Watersports can help!
- 48th Street Watersports: Make an appointment and get some quality practice on a single-sail catamaran or a 16-foot Prindle catamaran. Both beginners and experts are welcome!
You can also harness the power of the wind on a slightly smaller scale by windsurfing! It’s a combination of sailing and surfing, resulting in a spectacular experience for all who try it. Grab hold of your sail and zip along the rippling waters of Ocean City!
- 48th Street Watersports: Select a board according to your skill level and experience the excitement of windsurfing! Basic and private lessons are available for beginners.
Deep Sea Fishing
Reel in a trophy catch worth bragging about with an Ocean City fishing trip! Our waters are home to a wide variety of fish, making it a paradise for anglers. Feel free to bring your boat or charter one with trusted companies in the area.
- Bahia Marina: Choose from a variety of fishing boats with room for up to six passengers. Don’t forget to pack a cooler or stop by the tackle shop for food and drinks.
- Ocean City Fishing Center: Select a charter based on the size of your group and what type of fish you’d like to catch. There are inshore boats for smaller fish and offshore boats for marlin, tuna, sharks, and more!
The Ocean City coastline is a beautiful scene to admire from the beach, and it gets even better when you have a bird’s eye view of it all. Take your excitement to new heights and try parasailing during your visit! See if you can spot some dolphins playing in the water below!
- OC Parasail: Choose between bayside or oceanside views at varying heights.
- Paradise Watersports: The boats at Paradise Watersports have room for up to 12 people, so you can share the experience with your friends and family members!
We would be remiss if we didn’t include some of our favorite boat tours in the list of water activities. Step aboard and get ready for the thrill of a lifetime on these speedboat trips!
Tours & Cruises
- OC Rocket: Keep an eye out for dolphins on this exciting ride! Private charters are also available for memorable group outings.
- Sea Rocket: Listen to music and learn fun facts about Ocean City’s local marine life during your high-speed cruise.
If you prefer a more relaxing experience on your vacation, feel free to enjoy a delightful day at the beach! You can cool off with a swim in the ocean, grab a boogie board and ride the waves, or simply dip your toes in as you walk along the sand.
It might not be considered a watersport, but there’s plenty of fun to be had at the Splash Mountain Water Park in Ocean City, MD! Make a splash on rides like the Aqualoop and Eye of the Hurricane or enjoy a peaceful journey down the 1,100-foot Lazy River!
Enjoy All of These Adventures with Vantage Vacation Rentals!
Get one step closer to your ideal vacation by selecting one of our beautiful properties! We have over 500 rentals in Ocean City’s most beloved communities, putting you within minutes of the bay, beach, or boardwalk. That means you can wake up and walk to your favorite waterfront activities. We even offer discounts at Splash Mountain Water Park, and many of our properties feature pools so you can have more fun in the water!
Browse our Ocean City vacation rentals today and find your happy place!