Frequently Asked Questions
Planning For Your Stay
Will the pool and building amenities be open?*
Pools and community amenities generally remain open from Memorial Day to Labor Day, with some exceptions. Closures also occur periodically for cleaning and maintenance at the discretion of the building managers and homeowners associations responsible for the facilities. Please note that Vantage is not always made aware of these closures and is not responsible for amenities that are unavailable or in limited capacity during your stay (no refunds given).
*COVID UPDATE: Many communities and buildings have opted to close their pools, gyms, and other amenities during COVID-19 (or offer them in limited capacity/hours in order to allow more frequent cleaning and social distancing). For some, that means guests are required to reserve a time slot or put their name on a waiting list. Vantage is not always notified in advance, and is not responsible for amenities that are unavailable or in limited capacity (no refunds given).
*SUNSET ISLAND GUESTS: As a precaution due to COVID-19, we have been notified that Sunset Island is closing their community amenities until further notice This includes the pools, fitness center, clubhouse, office lobby (Sunset Island office staff can meet you outside if need be by calling in advance Mon-Fri, 8 AM – 4:30 PM). We apologize for this inconvenience, and appreciate your understanding during these unprecedented times.
What do I need to bring?*
- Bedding/Towels: Guests should plan to bring sheets and towels unless you’ve purchased Linen Service (or unless Linens are included with you rental – please refer to your Lodging Agreement or ask a team member)
*COVID UPDATE: For the safety of all guests and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, our properties will not be providing pillows, comforters, and blankets. Please plan to bring these items from home (even if you have purchased Linen Service).
- Kitchen Items: Condiments, spices, coffee, coffee filters, and any specialty cooking items (such as waffle iron, crock pot, etc., which may not be provided in your rental)
- Soaps/Cleaning Supplies: Hand soap, dish soap, dishwasher detergent, all-purpose cleaner, laundry detergent, dryer sheets
- Paper Products: Toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, tissues, garbage bags, aluminum foil, plastic wrap, baggies
- Personal Products: Shampoo, soaps, sunscreen, bug spray, hair dryer
- Beach Supplies: Beach chairs, beach umbrellas, toys, beach towels, boogie boards, kayaks, bikes (some unit owners provide beach items – please refer to your property’s listing on our website)
What’s provided at my property?
All of our rentals are privately owned, so the amenities offered at each one may vary slightly from property to property. If you have questions about what’s offered at your rental, please ask a team member or refer to the property description on our website. In general, here are the standard items that you can expect to find in your rental:
- Kitchens are equipped with coffee maker, toaster, dishes, glasses, flatware, cooking utensils, and basic pots and pans.
- Light cleaning supplies
- TV(s) with cable, satellite and/or web app access.
- Internet access is provided only if indicated in the property information. Some units offer building-provided or pay-for-use Wi-Fi service. Internet speeds may vary by location, provider, and type.
Check-In/Out Times & Locations
What time is check-in/check-out?*
- Check-in is from 4:00-6:00 PM
- Check-out is at 9:00 AM
*COVID UPDATE: Due to COVID-19, we’ve adapted our check-in and check-out times and processes to allow for additional cleaning and safety between guests. Thank you in advance for your patience!
Where are you located?
Vantage has several offices in Ocean City, MD and the Delaware beaches. Please refer to your lodging agreement for your specific check-in location.
- Main Office in Mid-Town (53rd St.) – 5200B Coastal Highway, Ocean City, MD 21842 (located at the corner of 53rd St. and Coastal Hwy. (Suite B) on the ocean side of the island, about a half mile south of the Route 90 Bridge)
- Fenwick Island, Delaware – 1209 Coastal Highway, Fenwick Island, DE 19944 (located on the corner of E. Georgetown St. on the North-bound side of Coastal Hwy. about 2/3-mile from the MD-DE State Line and DE Route 54)
- Summer Beach Building (35th St.) – 3 35th Street, Ocean City, MD 21842 (located oceanfront on 35th St. and about 10 blocks from the North end of the Boardwalk – our office can be accessed from both the street and parking garage)
- Belmont Towers Building (Dorchester St. & Boardwalk) – 2 Dorchester St., Ocean City, MD 21842 (located on the southeast corner of Belmont Towers near the Boardwalk and parking garage – easily accessed via the Route 50 Bridge, which is two blocks north and west of Belmont Towers)
What if I am arriving late?
Vantage provides after-hours check-in via lock boxes at the locations listed above. Please refer to your Late Arrival Instruction email for the location of the lock box for your specific rental property. If you will be arriving after 6:00 PM, please call ahead so that we can make arrangements and ensure that your check-in envelope is waiting for you.
What if I arrive early – can I check-in early?
No. In order to coordinate the arrival of all Vantage guests, we cannot accept check-ins ahead of schedule. Please refer to your Lodging Agreement for your scheduled time, and plan to arrive as close as possible to that timeframe. If you do arrive early, consider visiting a local attraction or grabbing a bite to eat.
During Your Stay
What if I have a cleaning or maintenance issue?
Vantage works hard to deliver homes that are clean and maintenance free. If you notice that your property is not clean when you arrive — or if you have any maintenance concerns during your visit — please notify us 888.234.5646 we can correct the issue for you as soon as possible.
What if I get locked out of my property?
If for some reason you become locked out of your property during business hours (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), please call our office for assistance at 410.723.1780. If you become locked out after business hours, please call 888.234.5646 or 410.520.2050 — a lockout fee will be assessed for after-hours assistance.
Making a Reservation & Payments
Can I pre-book the same unit for next year?
Yes! Feel free to call our Reservations Department during your stay to make an advanced reservation. You may also fill out the Tentative Reservation form found in your Welcome Packet and return to us at check-out or anytime thereafter. Keep in mind that our properties book quickly, and availability for the following year is not guaranteed.
Can I book with friends as part of a high school, college or senior week?
The majority of our property owners have instructed us to rent to family groups only, and non-chaperoned groups under the age of 25 are not permitted. Please visit our Group Rentals Page to see a select number of properties that allow groups.
How can I make a payment or pay off my balance?
Guests can make a payment or pay off the balance of their reservation by logging in to our online Guest Portal. This is a convenient area on our website where guests can access details about their vacation and make payments in a secure environment 24/7. To access the Vantage Guest Portal:
- Go to http://vantage.tenantnetworks.com/.
- Enter the email address associated with your reservation.
- Enter your Tenant ID # as the password (found on top left-hand side of Lodging Agreement).
- To pay your balance, click ‘Reservation History’ and then click the red ‘Pay Now’ button.
If you prefer to pay by phone, simply call your Vacation Coordinator at (800) 555-4099. We are looking forward to your arrival! If we can assist you in any way, please don’t hesitate to contact our office.
Will my Stay Protect Property Protection fee be refunded to me?
No, the Stay Protect Property Protection Fee is non-refundable. This fee protects you for up to $1,500 in coverage against accidental damage to your property. However, this damage must be reported to Vantage staff as soon as it occurs. Certain pet-friendly properties may also charge a non-refundable Pet Fee, while others require a separate Pet Security Deposit that is exclusive of the damage waiver/security deposit for the unit itself. Finally, there are select properties in our inventory (such as group rentals) that do require a traditional Security Deposit. This deposit is refundable to guests within 30 days of check-out, as long as the rental is left in good condition and there are no charges for excessive housekeeping or maintenance.
About Our Properties
Can I bring sleeping bags or air mattresses so more guests can stay with us?
The number of guests sleeping at your property should not exceed the occupancy that has been specified by the property’s owner. Please refer to your Lodging Agreement for details about your home’s occupancy.
Can I park my trailer or large vehicle at my rental property?
Due to the high volume of guests in Ocean City, many buildings and communities cannot accommodate parking for trailers or large vehicles. Municipal parking is available in several locations, visit Town of Ocean City website for more info. To find out parking details at your property, please contact our Reservations Department at 800.555.4099.
Can I use a grill or BBQ at my rental unit?
Due to Ocean City fire ordinances, grilling is not permitted on balconies or in multi-family properties. However, there are a select number of Vantage rentals that are equipped with grills or allow you to bring your own, this information is displayed in the amenities section of each property.
Does my property building charge a registration fee?
Certain buildings in our inventory charge guests a non-refundable registration fee when they arrive on the property location. This fee is made payable directly to that community for the use of key fobs, pools, parking, and other facilities. Please refer to your Lodging Agreement and/or our Reservations Department to see if your community has any fees of this sort.
Is smoking allowed at my vacation rental?
All units are non-smoking, and many also do not allow smoking on the balcony or building premises. Guests who violate these policies may be assessed a fee if smoke removal is required.
I saw Vantage homes listed on Craigslist at lower rates. Are these legitimate?
No. Please be advised that Vantage Vacation Rentals DOES NOT list its properties on Craigslist. If you see the content of our listings on Craigslist, it is not a legitimate advertisement. The best way to find the lowest rate for our properties is by booking directly with us on VantageOceanCity.com.