News and Updates
Vantage News and Updates
We can’t wait to see you in Ocean City, MD and at the Delaware beaches! Browse below to stay up-to-date on the latest news and information for your visit with Vantage Vacation Rentals.
Important Pre-Arrival Updates due to COVID-19
We know that many guests are probably ready to get out of the house and enjoy a change of scenery! The Ocean City beach, boardwalk and several marinas are open! We have been working hard to prepare for our reopening, and wanted to post some important updates:
Due to on-going guidance that businesses and individuals are getting about COVID-19, Vantage does not have any control over which amenities will not be open during your stay. In the interest of safety, we expect that many pools, fitness centers, and other amenities will NOT be open at the properties we manage. We have no control over these amenities, and we do not have a comprehensive list by property on what is open or closed.
Local Businesses Offering Carryout & Delivery
While local businesses are opening back up, many are opening in a controlled manner and some may not open at all. Please be advised that we have no control of which businesses will be open or the way they operate if they are open. Many restaurants are offering carry out service and some are offering indoor seating with a reduced capacity due to state guidelines. Click here for restaurants offering carryout and delivery.
Changes to Linens & Bedding
We will still be providing bedding to those who have purchased linen packages with their stay. However, due to COVID-19 due diligence, we will NOT be putting those linens on the beds for you. For your safety, we will also NOT be providing comforters or pillows for your stay. Please plan on bringing your own blankets or comforters and pillows for your stay.
New Check-In & Check-Out Times
We have revised check-in and check-out times to meet CDC guidelines for cleaning the units. Check-in is now at 4:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. Please understand that we may need until 6:00 p.m. to clean units. Check-out is now at 9:00 a.m. It is extremely important for us to have this additional time to clean your unit and ensure it is safe for your stay.
Cleaning & Maintenance
We have new cleaning protocols in order to keep you and our staff safe. We suggest guests bring their own PPE & cleaning supplies with them for their use during their stay. We are here for any maintenance issues you may have during your stay. We ask that you call the office and they will arrange for maintenance personnel to address the issue while you are out of the unit to keep you and our staff safe.
We ask for your cooperation as we work to ensure that everyone is safe and hope you will be our partner, so we keep everyone safe. Thank you!
Your Safety is Our Top Concern – New Cleaning Protocols
In the wake of COVID-19, the health of our guests, property owners, employees and communities is Vantage’s top priority. We know that thorough cleaning and social distancing will play a critical role in leisure travel going forward, so please know that Vantage is taking action to address these important issues. We’ve put these protocols below in place at all Vantage locations and rental properties:
- We are following CDD guidelines for cleaning and disinfection in order to provide you with the safest property possible.
- We have given general guidelines to all cleaning staff. This includes which chemicals and PPE equipment to use in cleaning, as well as standards for what and how to clean in the units. For full details, see our Cleaning Protocols.
- Optional mid-week cleanings are available as an additional measure of safety and peace of mind (contact Reservations for more info).
We are also working in the community to ensure the residents’ safety and assist them in economic recovery. Please review our Community Responsibility Statement to see how we’re helping both the community and our guests. We hope you will come enjoy our beautiful community which has so many natural settings to enjoy and stay with us at Vantage Vacation Rentals.
New Cancellation Policy with Added Flexibility
You spoke. We listened. Vantage’s new cancellation policy offers greater flexibility for guests in the event that you need to cancel your booking. We feel that this will give guests more confidence to book reservations further in advance, knowing that there are options available if something comes up closer to the time of your stay. All requests to change and/or cancel a reservation must be made by phone. Please call (410) 723-2002 and have your reservation number ready.
- If guest cancels a minimum of 91-days’ prior to arrival, a full refund is given less a $100 cancellation fee.
- If guest cancels 30-90 days prior to arrival, Vantage will make every effort to re-rent the property. If unit re-rents for the same period, guest receives a refund of monies recouped, less a $100 cancellation fee. If unit is not re-rented, guest receives a 50% refund of their deposit less a $100 cancellation fee.
- If guest cancels less than 30 days prior to arrival, Vantage will make every effort to re-rent the property. If unit re-rents for the same period, guest receives a refund of monies recouped, less a $100 cancellation fee. If it is not re-rented, guest will forfeit all monies.
- Note that there is a separate cancellation policy for properties in Belmont Towers – please call in for details.
“Cancel for Any Reason” Insurance Now Available
Vantage is pleased to offer a new travel insurance option through Rental Guardian called, “Cancel for Any Reason.” This coverage provides 100% reimbursement of your reservation for covered reasons, and 60% reimbursement for non-covered reasons (valid on new reservations only – must be purchased within 14 days of booking and no less than 31 days prior to check-in). For questions about coverage, please call Rental Guardian at (888) 885-5550. If you wish to add this valuable protection to your reservation, please contact our Vacation Coordinators at (410) 723-2002.